No new members this week.
I am considering adding a trading post for our membership. You can trade stuff like a set of fuchs rims or your car for money etc. I have limited resources but would consider your thoughts on this idea. Contact the Blogger
Blue Ridge Region PCA Events
|Oct 11||BRR-PCA Executive Board Meeting||Sportscar Clinic|
|Oct 21||BRR-PCA Cars N Coffee - SML||Old Oak Cafe|
|Nov 8||BRR-PCA Full Board Meeting||BRR-PCA Location TBD||More Details|
|Dec 3||BRR-PCA Holiday Party & Annual Meeting||Vinton War Memorial|
|Dec 13||BRR-PCA Executive Board Meeting||Sportscar Clinic||More Details|
Cars and Coffee
This month we combined the C&C with our Annual Planning Meeting. About 30 folks showed up to help guide the club for the 2023 season. First, we had an excellent meal put on by our hosts, The Green Goat. The breakfast was to die for. The best omelets ever!
Our president, Troy Smith, guided the discussion.
Our Options for 2023
- Group Events attending
- Porsche Club Races,
- VIR International Raceway Events
- Star City Madness
- Old Salem Days
- Gathering of the AirCooled – Roanoke
- Street Survival possible dates 6/10-11, 9/16-17, 9/22-23, or 10/28-29
- Autocross with Shenandoah PCA or BRR SCCA
- StoryTelling Fincastle 3/31-4/1
- Picnic on the Parkway
- Belmont Farms Distillery – Culpepper
- Madison Automotive Apprentices – Harrisonburg
- An Overnight Drive/Tour to:
- Corvette Museum, Racetrack, Factory AND Mammoth Caves
- Ingram Collection
- RennsportDragon Rally Fontana Village Resort, TN
- 46th Annual Porsche Swap Event 4/29 Carlisle, PA
- Werks Reunion Amelia Island, FL 3/23
- Porsche Parade, Palm Springs, CA 6/18-23
- Tech Tactics, East Easton, PA 2/19
- Teffen Georgia Mountains, Barnsley Resort, 4/19-21
If you are interested in any of these events AND can help, if only a little, contact Troy
Formula One – Its coming!
RED BULL’S 2023 F1 CAR HITS TRACK, BUT SECRECY CONTINUES
Red Bull’s RB19 Formula 1 car has made its track debut at Silverstone, but the champion team’s secretive approach to the 2023 pre-season continued.
In a repeat of its 2022 tactics, Red Bull held its launch event using a show car that will bear little resemblance to what actually appears for testing, and has now held a shakedown run without – at least so far – offering any publicity images from it.
It only released a short video clip on its social media channels in which the car cannot be seen clearly.
Click Here for more
Salon Retro Mobile
If you are in the vicinity of Paris this weekend, the Salon Retro Mobile is worth a look (even though you would only get to see a fraction of the cars on display in a day)!
One classic to seek out is the Porsche Museum owned 550-12 displayed in 1954 Le Mans livery. Raced by Jonny Claes and Pierre Stasse, they finished first in class for the Porsche racing team and 12th overall.
This year is 100 years of the 24 hour Le Mans and what a fitting car to promote the race!
Even though I love all designs of the 550s built, the factory prototypes, especially the Le Mans team cars are my favourites.
Thanks heaps to my French Spyder enthusiast Bruno for the great photos.
Planning Meeting 2008 Martin’s German Service
Porsche Gone Bad
Watch “70 Years of Porsche Commercial”
This one is a hoot! Click Here