The Blue Ridge Region PCA has continued the tradition of a published newsletter, Blau Rain, available as a print magazine or a PDF file. In the current times, this newsletter has become a twice a year publication with special additions at times. Following is the link to the current issue. Previous versions are in our Blau Rain Archives.
- Porscheplatz August 27-28, 2022A review of the Porsche Corral, also know as Porscheplatz, during the 2022 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, which took place at Virginia International Raceway (VIR). Thanks to Blue Ridge Region member Dave Hogan for publishing this review. Read the full story.
- 40th Anniversary a Success!With much planning and hard work from a few people our 40th Anniversary Celebration, though a year delayed, was held on October 14, 2021. The turnout was great with 94 attendees including several of our founding members, a few of our past President’s, several new members. A number of members commented that it was a […]
- Porsche Club gathers to share food, donations for familiesMembers of the First Settlers and Blue Ridge Regions of the Porsche Club of America gather at Lake Christian Ministries to share food supplies and a donation to assist local families in need.
- Porscheplatz October 9-10, 2021A review of the Porsche Corral, also know as Porscheplatz, during the 2021 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, which took place at Virginia International Raceway (VIR). Thanks to Blue Ridge Region member Dave Hogan for publishing this review. Read the full story.
- The BRR Logo StoryWritten by Dan DeHart The image now used as Blue Ridge Region’s logo on our window decals, name tags, hats and sew-on patches are from a photo taken by Dave Hogan at the Harveys Knob Overlook (milepost 95.5) on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The original logo was the creation of Claudia Snow, Dave Snow’s wife, […]
- The Car That Would Not LoseDave Snow’s car, the “Snowmobile” overcomes disappointment to win a Chairman’s Award at The Resort at Glade Springs in West Virginia.
- Smiles Per Mile – A Pandemic EscapeSharing a fun 4 wheel adventure a member, his son and a few friends escape from the madness of the Covid Pandemic.
- BRR-PCA Members Bring Joy During Social DistancingWhat started out as disappointment became happiness for a young boy and delight for a number of Blue Ridge Region PCA members. The story begins with a message from a BRR-PCA member Todd Beard … I have a small dilemma. My youngest son turned 9 today and he is heartbroken because he can’t really have […]
- Our First PorscheA Blue Ridge Member who has since moved to Florida shared the story of his first Porsche and long association with PCA.
- 1st Annual Gary Bell Rally 2019The 1st Annual Gary Bell Rally took place in 2019 with 14 cars participating. Couple, friends and families drove a diverse group of Porsches while having fun on scenic roads and enjoying an ice cream stop.
- Replacing the 986 Boxster front engine mountBy Eddie Fort aka Shade Tree Mechanic Are you intimidated by the thought of working on your own Porsche? Well, you need not be. Doing basic maintenance on your Porsche as well as some more extensive repairs are just not that hard and once you get the courage to “jump into the deep end”. You’ll […]